[rt-users] Apache problem

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Thu Mar 24 13:13:30 EST 2005

Frank Saxton wrote:

>Right.  My opinion based on successfully installing literally thousands of
>projects from source with little of no trouble.....
>
>I think I have the bulk of the mod_perl dependencies resolved, which is one
>main reason for not wanting to start over again with the FastCGI route.  And
>to be honest, it wasn't real clear what configure switches I needed to
>provide to build a FastCGI file anyway.  Where ever possible, I took the
>defaults.
>
>I currently have RT made and installed
>
>My problem could be with the apache config files.  I was hoping someone in
>this forum could help.  I'm running apache 2.0, btw.  From what I've read I
>might have had more luck with RT if I was on 1.3 but the 2.0 decision had
>already been made for other reasons.

This works for us:
<VirtualHost 10.228.xxx.xxx>
    ServerName xxxxxx.rwc.uc.edu
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
    RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
    <Location />
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

>So just to review, after following all of the instructions,. tips and so on
>that I could find, when I try to start apache with either
>
>PerlModule Apache::DBI or
>PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl in httpd.conf
>
>I get a can't locate Apache/DBI.pm error message
>
>The file exists in /usr/lib/perl5/....... but whatever is looking for it can't
>find it.  I'm guessing this is a very simple thing to fix if I just knew how
>to help Apache find this needed file.  That's all I really need help with and
>I'm guessing I will be very close to good to go once that's solved.

Have you upgraded perl and not recompiled Apache::DBI?

DB