[rt-users] What does SeeGroup do?

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at miet.ru
Fri May 6 06:30:07 EDT 2005

Howard Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build groups of users for each of our customers so that
> analysts at the customer can see each others tickets if the log into RT
> (but not necessarily so that they get e-mails for all of them). I
> *thought* that's what the SeeGroup right does, although I just tried to
> create a test group, and I can't see any difference between the view
> with it enabled and not.
>
> What does SeeGroup actually do? Also, assuming that the answer is a
> variation of 'RTFM', which 'FM' do I 'R' to find this out for myself?
AFAIU, It's allow to user see members of the group.

Your problem is different and have no easy solution, it was discussed at
least once:
See my mail in this thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=rt-users&m=110634132229109&w=2

You can contact with Jonathan Reeder and ask about solution he uses.

Also I can be out of date and this is solved&contributed allready.