[rt-users] RT 3.4 FreeBSD Port?

Angelo Turetta aturetta+rt at bestunion.it
Mon May 16 14:29:20 EDT 2005

Autrijus Tang wrote:

> On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 01:32:36PM -0400, Nathan J. Mehl wrote:
>
>>Has any progress been made on getting RT 3.4 into FreeBSD ports?  The
>>last update to the RT32 port was on 5/12/2005, and while there's been
>>some murmoring on the list about a 3.4 port, nothing seems to have
>>been committed yet.
>
> I prodded tobez toward it, but it depends on his free time, so
> I don't really know how long it will take...  And I'm stuck to
> this highly addictive Pugs thing. :-/
>
> (Patches are, as usual, very welcome.)
>
> Thanks,
> /Autrijus/

I've finished it.

http://mail.bestunion.it/rt342-port.tar.gz

It includes a couple of patches regarding internationalization & a new
italian translation. The only part it's not really tested is the upgrade
of the DB schema from previous versions (or rather, the only person I
asked to test reported unspecified problems), but I really invented
nothing in that part, copying it directly from rt32 with just some minor
editing.

I followed the previous pattern, and generated a www/rt34 port to
preserve the 3.2.x customizations by elixus.

I patched the pkg-plist to make the port really relocatable
(eg. make RT_DIR=rt34  will install in /usr/local/rt34 instead of
/usr/local/rt3, and the package will deinstall cleanly)

I am sure it DOESN'T WORK with mod_perl2 2.0rc3 (the version in ports)

I plan to add some sample apache2 config files (for both mod_perl &
fastcgi), but that can be done later.

If you think it's OK, you are free to commit it, possibly removing some
of the patches if you feel they are not really generally useful.
If you prefer me to post a PR, just tell me.

Thanks,

Angelo Turetta