[rt-users] Returned mail from RT

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Thu May 19 15:10:57 EDT 2005

Vicki Stanfield wrote:

> I had edited the RT_SiteConfig.pm file to set the rtname, the
> Organization, the CorrespondAddress, the CommentAddress, and the
> WebBaseURL. I see a few email-specific variables too, but I am unsure
> which one to change. I assume, however, that you are referring to the
> CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch and the CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace
> variables which were not set in my inherited RT which had external
> presence. [I am including this information for thread clarity.]

Okay, I am still getting mails that use the old email address variable
of machine.domain.com instead of simply domain.com. I must not have
something right. Here are the lines from the RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch , '@machine\.domain\.com$');
Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace , '@domain.com');

Am I missing something about how this is used? It says that it rewrites
incoming email addresses. Does that not include the email address on
mails coming from rt then? I have set the rtname and Organization
variables to domain.com.

Vicki