[rt-users] Re: How do I create a new .po file?

Jérôme Fenal jfenal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 07:26:01 EDT 2005

2005/10/11, Stewart Tranter <S.G.Tranter at lboro.ac.uk>:
> I created eo.po (Esperanto) in /opt/rt3/lib/RT/I18N.
>
> I then looked in the Makefile and saw:
>
> regenerate-catalogs:
>          $(PERL) sbin/extract-message-catalog
>
> which is correct.  Still gives the error "Stop" error though as above.
> I tried perl sbin/extract-message-catalog as no args seemed to be passed
> to the extract-message-catalog, but this seemed to leave everything
> untouched, eo.po was still 0 bytes.

well, it shouldn't be _that_ empty...

I tried with the following (and only) content for eo.po :

cat << EOF > eo.po
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: eo\n"
EOF

make regenerate-catalogs

It worked nicely, you can then use kbabel (or any other po tool you
like) to edit it.
Do not forget to add other header fields, such as your mail address
(Last-Translator)

Regards,

J.
--