[rt-users] Started over, almost there. (Was: First-time RT install questions.)

Shaun T. Erickson sterickson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:02:35 EDT 2005

I started over.

First, I aliased an ip address onto eth0 and set it up in dns as '
rt.blackdogsoft.net <http://rt.blackdogsoft.net>'. Then I configured a
separate ssl virtual host for that site, and verified I could access it with
a browser properly.

Next, I built and installed rt as user apache, which is what my webserver
runs as. rt is installed directly ito the document root. Accessing that with
a browser got me to the 'Almost there!' page. I then built and installed
fastcgi, as root. Continuing to follow method #1 on the wiki's
fastcgiconfiguration page, I added just the entries in the example, only
changing the paths to match mine.

Outside the virtual host definition, I have:

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiServer /u1/www/sites/rt-secure/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout
120 -processes 4

and in the virtual host definition, I have:

ServerName rt.blackdogsoft.net <http://rt.blackdogsoft.net>
DocumentRoot "/u1/www/sites/rt-secure/share/html"
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
ScriptAlias / /u1/www/sites/rt-secure/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

# Use separate log files:
ErrorLog /u1/www/logs/rt-secure/error_log
CustomLog /u1/www/logs/rt-secure/access_log combined

When I tried to access rt, the logs complained that 'FCGI.pm' couldn't be
located in '@INC', so I used cpan to install it.

Now I have four mason_handler.fcgi processes running, as I should. However,
I'm still getting the 'Almost there!' page, when I try to access rt, and
this is in the logs:

[Thu Oct 20 15:49:27 2005] [error] [client
192.168.32.111<http://192.168.32.111>]
FastCGI: comm with server "/u1/www/sites/rt-secure/bin/mason_handler.fcgi"
aborted: idle timeout (120 sec)
[Thu Oct 20 15:49:27 2005] [error] [client
192.168.32.111<http://192.168.32.111>]
FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server
"/u1/www/sites/rt-secure/bin/mason_handler.fcgi"

My config file has this in it:

Set( $rtname, 'rt.blackdogsoft.net <http://rt.blackdogsoft.net>');
Set($Organization , "blackdogsoft.net <http://blackdogsoft.net>");
Set($DatabasePassword , 'my-password-here');

I feel like I'm really close now. Could someone help me to figure out this
last part, please? TIA.
--
-ste