FW: [rt-users] (busy) function call causes browser timeout

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Fri Sep 23 10:02:00 EDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 10:13:30AM -0400, Ryan von Gleich wrote:
> I thought I had my head around this but, I do not...I am calling clone( ) in
> rt/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm from the <%INIT> mason block in Display.html. Is
> clone( ) where I put a callback to the browser? To reiterate, the clone( )
> in the.pm <http://the.pm> file has the loop that currently has to complete
> before the server responds to the browser request.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Ryan

I assume that your init block has a loop that calls clone the number
of necessary times. If that is not so, you need to refactor clone
so that you can call it once for each needed clone. As long as
each individual call to clone is less time than the browser timeout
you will be able to send output to the browser (from the init block)
to keep it happy.

You can't send output from the pm file to the browser. Well, you
could, but then your backend API would not be separated from your
interface.

-Todd