FW: [rt-users] (busy) function call causes browser timeout

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Mon Sep 26 13:42:01 EDT 2005

You don't have to send stuff that displays. You can send HTML
comments or maybe just whitespace. You might also be able to
do some DHTML slight of hand, but I don't know how to do it.

Another option is to do the processing in the background and
return a reult page that refreshes every few seconds with a
status and finally returns the results when everything is
finished.

-Todd