[rt-users] Email Problem RT3

Michael Methe mmethe at ci.keene.nh.us
Fri Apr 7 09:09:50 EDT 2006

When I create a new ticket in RT, an email is sent the address specified
in the ticket.  The problem is the FROM address in the email is not the
rt address.  It is apache at upsilon.  Here's some background

rt is on hostname rhel
upsilon is an ms exchange 2000 server (our primary internal mail server)

Why would the email show up as form apache at upsilon.domain.name
(domain.name is our internal DNS domain name)

My /etc/hosts file contians this:
127.0.0.1               rhel rhel.servers.ci.keene.nh.us
localhost.localdomain localhost

my /etc/aliases file contains this:
# RT Aliases
rt: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue unassigned --action correspond
--url http://rhel/"
rt-comment: "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue unassigned --action comment
--url http://rhel/"

What I have done wrong?  Any ideas?

Thanks

-Mike M