[rt-users] Problems with Cc

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Thu Aug 3 08:36:04 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 21:51, Mathew Snyder wrote:
> I've just got word from one of my users that we have issues with the Cc
> on tickets.
>
> One issue is that when a ticket is sent in, anyone listed in the
> original email as a Cc is not added to the ticket as a Cc.

This can be solved by setting this option in your RT_SiteConfig.pm file:

Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , 1);

To avoid problems, don't forget to set the associated reg-exp:

Set($RTAddressRegexp , '^....$');

> The other one concerns adding a Cc after the ticket has been created.
> Sometimes, when this is done, the the email is not received by the
> person added as a Cc.

We wanted the exact same behavior, so I looked at the RT code to see how
it implements the above option for new ticket creation, and did the same
for existing ticket followups.  The patch I made (attached) is for
RT-3.4.5 and requires an additional config option to enable it:

Set($ParseFollowupMessageForTicketCcs , 1);

It modifies the RT/Interface/Email.pm module.

> Has this been seen before?  I tried doing a search through the archives
> but that became tedious really fast.

Yes, when I was looking into this last month I did a quick search and
found a few previous posts with the same problem:

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-June/032116.html

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2006-July/008658.html

I am not saying that my patch is perfect, but it is a quick hack that
works good enough for us.  Maybe if enough other users also find this
useful, something similar to this patch can be included in a future
version of RT.

~Jason