[rt-users] RT HTML and CSS

Goddard Lee lee.goddard at easa.eu.int
Mon Jan 16 05:41:10 EST 2006

Are there any plans by BestPractical to update the HTML templates?

I would like to see valid HTML, and HTML styling moved completely to
CSS, and more general CSS class names.

Ideally I would like to see all fields given IDs, as Todd mentions
below.

There's no chance, I guess, but I would also very much like to see all
unneccessary tables (those which do do not tabulate data but exist only
for reasons of page layout) replaced.

All though it's not really ever my job, I do install RT everywhere I
contract, and have done so for some years now (despite my occasional
silly posts to this list). Every time I sweat over customising the HTML.
This is the only thing I do not like about RT, and it's the only item
every one of my clients dislikes.

I realise there is a tempaltes/scheme/skin area on the FTP server, but
it is empty. I suppose I could offer to fill it, but I think it may be a
a job larger than I can justify with my 9-to-5.

Lee Goddard
Internet Application Analysis/Development
European Aviation Safety Agency