[rt-users] Sendmail Configuration problem in RT

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Mon Jan 16 12:57:56 EST 2006

Prasad,

Does it work when you email without using RT?

Some things to try:
* Some ISPs block outgoing email unless you use their smtp server or
request an exception from them for port 25 (e.g. SBC DSL does this
http://help.sbcglobal.net/article.php?item=4640).
* Try sending mail from your RT computer to itself (e.g. to
root at localhost) to see if that is working.
* Then try sending to another computer on your LAN  such as your proxy
server.
* Double check software/hardware firewalls of incoming and outgoing filters.

Good Luck.
Mike