[rt-users] converting from mysql to postgres in RT 3.6.0

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 23:13:17 EDT 2006

I am attempting to convert from a relatively modern 3.4.5 RT+mysql
4.1.11installation to a brand new
3.6.0+Postgres 8.1.4 installation.

The wiki doesn't quite cover all the issues, in particular, I haven't
figured out how to get attachments across properly. Is there a tool or
procedure out there that is known to work?

# --extended-insert=false because postgres doesn't do extended inserts
# --compatible=mysql323 comes closest to working thus far.
--compatible=postgresql is a joke
# --default-character-set of UTF8 seems to help
# am trying

mysqldump -p --complete-insert rt3 --extended-insert=false
--compatible=mysql323 --default-character-set=UTF8 --user=root > dump1.sql

# edit the dump file to comment out the lock tables and unlock tables
statements, and convert the "drop table if exists" into "delete from"
# run mysql2pgsql.perl on the file (my2pg.pl segvios)
psql -f dump.sql # blows up on about 5% of attachment insert lines like
# psql:m2.sql:661: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "2006" at character 44117
# psql:m2.sql:661: LINE 1: .../Producer(GPL Ghostscript 8.15
)\n/CreationDate(D:'2006-05-23...

--
Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge