[rt-users] filtering by hostmask best done with scrip?

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 17:03:56 EDT 2006

Greetings from a new user.

I have rt-mailgate working and can generate tickets from emails. I've
read http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?SpamFiltering And believe
that it would be overkill in our case. We're a small shop and are
likely to have one queue per client and rarely add clients, so what
I'm about to describe doesn't have to scale, anyway.

Say I have a client_foo queue. I want mail from *@client_foo.com to
that queue to get through, everything else gets dropped.

Am I correct in thinking that this is best done with a scrip and not
in postfix? (I'd like to have  an RT admin who doesn't touch the
configs of the box in question).

If so, has someone already put a scrip like this to use?

I saw http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?AutoSetOwnerForQueue
(the section titled "Assigning owner conditionally based on ticket
creator") but not anything closer to what I want. Perhaps I'm not
using the right search terms.

Any help appreciated.

--
Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences