[rt-users] Custom Scrip problem

Jason B. maillist at sitepier.com
Thu Mar 9 00:38:43 EST 2006

Ken & others,

After going home and troubleshooting this more and looking at the
archive postings I noticed that some people got it working by
changing the Template to the following:

To: {my $old_owner = RT::User->new($RT::System);
$old_owner->Load($Transaction->OldValue);
$old_owner->EmailAddress()}
Subject: Ticket #{$Ticket->Id()} taken by {$Ticket->OwnerObj->Name()}

A ticket you owned:

"{$Ticket->Subject()}"

has been taken by {$Ticket->OwnerObj->Name()}

{$RT::WebURL}Ticket/Display.html?id={$Ticket->Id()}

Basically changing the $RT::System part.  It worked for others though
its not working for me.  I do see that my Everyone Group does have
ShowOutgoingMail along with Every group that I have created that has
the ShowOutgoingMail.  I noticed the following in the /var/log/messages

Mar  8 23:30:31 admin RT: Successful login for jbartels from
24.26.232.60 (/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/html/autohandler:197)
Mar  8 23:30:48 admin RT:
<rt-3.4.1-2188-21627-2.19.1568452421506 at something.com> #2188/21627 -
Scrip 2  (/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:235)
Mar  8 23:30:48 admin RT:
<rt-3.4.1-2188-21627-2.19.1568452421506 at something.com.> No recipients
found. Not sending.  (/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/Action/
SendEmail.pm:247)
Mar  8 23:30:48 admin RT:
<rt-3.4.1-2188-21627-15.13.6658577819274 at something.com> #2188/21627 -
Scrip 15 Ticket Stolen (/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/Action/
SendEmail.pm:235)
Mar  8 23:30:48 admin RT:
<rt-3.4.1-2188-21627-15.13.6658577819274 at something.com> No recipients
found. Not sending.  (/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/Action/
SendEmail.pm:247)

Okay so when I test it by pressing the Steal ticket it only works if
the root user has the ticket (just did it for testing) but if I use a
real user say jbartels and have jtest user steal it I do not receive
an e-mail and it shows that error message in the log file.

I want the e-mail sent to the user that use to have the ticket before
it was stolen.  So it would go to jbartels if the jtest user stole
it.  Not sure where I went wrong.  I also searched the archives and
it said to try using the

Set($NotifyActor, 0);

Which doesn't help anything.

Any thoughts?