[rt-users] RT3.6 bug/feature report!

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu May 11 15:26:06 EDT 2006

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> Does anyone feel that this change should _not_ be reversed? Should the
> change only trigger if two txns are recorded? Should that second
> transaction simply be run as the RT_System user?
>
> On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 11:30:51AM -0400, Stephen Turner wrote:

>>> That's correct. There were complaints about the old behaviour. I can't
>>> remember if simply changing the default about how many scrips are run on
>>> link transactions will change the behaviour.
>>>
>> I'd love to see this one reversed - to me, linking to a ticket
>> doesn't equal updating the ticket.
>>
>> For us, this feature has unintended consequences - our Help Desk
>> staff need the ability to 'lock' a ticket so that multiple people
>> aren't trying to answer a question at the same time. To do this we do
>> not grant ModifyTicket directly to the Help Desk staff - we grant
>> them 'OwnTicket', and we grant ModifyTicket to the Owner role. So
>> they have to take or steal a ticket before they can update it.
>>
>> However, the permissions for creating links now mean that help desk
>> staff can't group similar tickets by using parent/child links unless
>> they own all of the tickets. This is inconvenient of course, and we
>> got around it by bypassing the ACL check .
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve

Jesse,

      As much as I love what is being done in 3.6, I have to agree that
the linking of tickets should be seperate from an owner modifying one
ie. the person doing the linkng does NOT have to be the owner. OR you
could make that kind of ownership an option when linking. Perhaps in
configuration, there is an option that requires ownership to do links or
not. Just a thought. Also, I would REALLY like 3.6 to resolve the QUICK
TICKET function to put in a requestor automatically, PLEASE! Thanks.

Kenn/LBNL