[rt-users] Multiple Email Addresses

David Chandek-Stark david.chandek.stark at duke.edu
Wed Nov 29 15:44:10 EST 2006

We have this problem, too, only worse. Since the user name portion of the
e-mail is not consistent across addresses for the same person, the
variations cannot be captured with a single regular expression.

It best long-term solution I could think of involves adding an "alternate
email addresses" field to the user table which could be used to
canonicalize addresses.

--David