[rt-users] Installing RT-3.6.1

Carlos Ramon Lopez Midence caralomi at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 1 21:13:09 EDT 2006

I have been trying to install Request Tracker for the past three days with
no luck, I have a Fedora Core 5 Box, so I decided to go with the version
3.4.5 that is included within the software from FC5, everything seems to
work fine during the installation process, except that when I configured
RT_SiteConfig.pm it seems like it is not taking my domain name on the
$WebBaseURL since when I open my browser I cannot get to this page it say
Firefox cannot display this page, but when I point my browser to
HTTP://localhost/rt3 it does display the login page...

Also I have checked the Wiki and the google looking for step by step
instructions to install Request Tracker and I have not found any...Do any of
you have written notes on how to install Request Tracker step by step.....by
the way I bought the book it is great but it does not go in detail about the
installation too much as I would expected, sorry I am brand new to
Linux.....

Carlos