[rt-users] Reset passwords ued to work...now doesn't

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Fri Oct 13 13:51:04 EDT 2006

Hello,

I implemented a simple password reset queue which reset a user's
password when a new email was sent to that queue.  It used to work
great, but now doesn't.  I'm not sure if it stopped when the server was
upgraded to RT 3.6.0, or if it was busted earlier.

Whenever an email is sent to the password reset queue, the ticket gets
created in the support queue.  The mail logs show the email being
received and delivered to the correct queue, but when procmail takes
over, the message goes to the support queue.  I don't understand why
this is happening.

Here's the alias file for postfix:

# RT aliases (review the procmail file for more details)
support:                "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmail-support.rc"
support-comments:       "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmail-support.rc"
resetpwd:               "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmail-support.rc"
resetpwd-comments:      "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmail-support.rc"

And here's the procmail recipe:

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail-support.log
DEFAULT=/home/ksandhu/Maildir/

:0
! ksandhu at systemsaligned.com

# RT aliases
:0
https://blah

# Send everything else to ksandhu at systemsaligned.com
:0
$DEFAULT

Am I missing something obvious?  Has something changed in RT that would
break resetting passwords via email?

Regards,

Ranbir

--