[rt-users] Change queue and owner based on requestor's email address

Neil Hymans - Technically Speaking info at techspeak.com.au
Fri Sep 8 01:49:54 EDT 2006

Hi all

I'm an absolute RT neophyte, so my apologies in advance.  I've trawled
through previous listings for solutions to similar requirements, but because
I don't speak its programming dialect, I've not been able to successfully
adapt things that I've found in the archives.

So here's there the requirement:

We want to maintain just one customer service email address which goes
straight to RT, but would like each ticket to:

1) be assigned to the relevant major customer queue, based on the domain of
the requestor's email address. For example, any email originating from
"[anyone]@example.com" would go to the queue named "Example".

There will also be situations in which we will need to match to an entire
email address rather than a domain, so an illustration of this variation
would also be helpful.

2) be assigned to the customer's account manager as owner.

But remembering my newbie status, I'd be grateful for any suggestions
regarding the most efficient way to implement this for maybe 25 cases.
Should I create a scrip for each different case, or build all of them into
one scrip?

I hope all this makes sense and will be very grateful for any assistance you
good folk can offer.

Thanks & regards

Neil (Perth, Western Australia)