[rt-users] Added to wishlist in wiki

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 13 12:25:52 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:22:55PM -0400, Mathew Snyder wrote:
> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 02:20:34PM +1000, Adam Clarke wrote:
> >> Many users do not use their keyboard for page navigation. A "Top"
> >> link provides a mouse friendly alternative that is clearly associated
> >> with the viewed page.
> >
> > My experience with Top links is that they end up in the navigation
> > stack, and are therefore confusing, WRT, oh, using the scroll bar (if
> > one does not wish to move one's hand to the keyboard.
> >
> > Have I been poorly served by my browsers?
>
> The issue with using the scrollbar is the reason I suggested the "Top"
> link in the first place.  Oftentimes here at work we get tickets that
> end up long enough to reduce the scroll bar to a mere quarter of an
> inch.  Considering I have my resolution set to 1280x1024 you can imagine
> how long these things get.

Perhaps you're poorly served by your browser.  My laptop is native at
1400x1050, and I almost never get a scrollbar thumb too short for me to
grab reliably, but that's in Firefox, which probably purposefully
limits how short the thumb can be.

So, clearly, confusing Back-page-lists not withstanding, there's a call
for it.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_