[rt-users] Moving RT off of the root URL

Frank Saxton frankie at easyrider.com
Mon Sep 18 09:07:00 EDT 2006

I have a new installation of RT 3.6.1 on RHEL 4.0 that is working
perfectly, as near as I can tell.  It's a 99% vanilla install with
the only difference being that I migrated my RT 3.0.1 database onto
the new server.

Apparently, there has been a change since RT 3.4 that makes it more
difficult to move RT from http://host.com/ to something like http://host.com/rt

Used to be, a simple alias in httpd.conf would do it.

It seems to me that having the RT ScriptAlias pointing to root is a
fundamentally bad idea unless RT is the only apache site that is
going to run on the server.  In my case, doing this broke all of the
PHP and HTML sites!

I presume someone has already solved this problem.  I would be
grateful if someone could point me to the detailed information on
what I need to do to make this change.  I have spent the better part
of the last weekend experimenting with RT_SiteConfig.pm and
httpd.conf without much success.  I've gotten it to mostly move over
but there were functions that still weren't right.  A complete,
detailed, tested. "official" procedure would be hugely appreciated at
this point

TIA!