[rt-users] Detailed registration of time spend on a ticket

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Wed Apr 25 03:38:50 EDT 2007

Tommy Abrahamsson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to use RT for more detailed time tracking
> when working on tickets. The reason is that I work for a specific
> client, which require  specific hours and dates - not just "4 hours" -
> when I send the bill. The bill is monthly, which is why the need for
> more details.
>
> I'd really like to end up with something like this (note multiple
> registrations pr ticket):
>
> Date
> 	Description
> 	Hours
> 01012007
> 	problem with bla bla bla
> 	09:00 - 11:00
> 02012007
> 	problem with bla bla bla	14:00 - 15:00
> 05012007
> 	new problem with bla bla bla
> 	10:00 - 11:00
I did something like this using iReport but you could use almost any
reporting engine/app you like. What you need to know is the relation
between tickets -> transactions -> attachments and how to map various
numerical id's to names etc.
One could write a mason component which would do the same but going
directly to the database proved, for me, to be simpler and faster, YMMV.

Joop