[rt-users] upgrade from 3.4. to 3.6.3

Colin Durrant colin at cipher-it.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 11:25:38 EST 2007

Hi

I have just upgraded our RT to 3.6.3 from 3.4.  When I try to run the
commands below to update the database I get an error.  I assume that I
need to change the <version> to 3.5.1 as that is newer than my previous
install of RT?  The error I get is that it can't find the schema or the
acl etc.

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

ls etc/upgrade

     For each item in that directory whose name is greater than

     your previously installed RT version, run:

       /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action schema \

           --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>

       /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action acl \

           --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>

       /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert \

            --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>

Many thanks

Colin Durrant

Technical  Director