[rt-users] track number of tickets by a user or email address

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed Jul 11 11:59:19 EDT 2007

Hi Akila,

This would probably be pretty easy to do with a cron script (sending a
report or triggering an action once a day).  Using RT's API and perl, you
could just query for all tickets in a specific queue, then sort the results
by creator, then use those results to match your "> 10" criteria.  It would
let you know after the fact, though, not when the user actually creates his
11th ticket.

I think that enabling this in realtime (so that something happens when the
11th ticket is created by a certain user) would be more
challenging.  Certainly doable with RT scrips, but not pretty.

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC