[rt-users] Custom Field value mandatory on resolve

Christian Felber ortsanfang at tuffmail.com
Thu Jun 21 16:04:32 EDT 2007

Hi!

Unfortunately Stan's question from April is still unanswered. Is there
no way to make a custom field mandatory on resolve?

The origin question was:

---

Hello again to everyone!

I have read the threads and found lots of opinions on how to make entering
Custom Field value mandatory upon ticket creation.
I'm interested however in a different feature.

Most of our tickets are created after users send us an e-mail.
We want our support engineers to choose a value for a Custom Field "Type of
Request" before resolving the ticket.
Using standard RT interface I couldn't implement such feature. Ticket would
get resolved even if Custom Field value is not defined (though I put
Mandatory validation for it).

Basically what I want is to disable ticket resolving unless a value for
Custom Field has been entered.

Anyone knows if this is possible without messing with RT core files?

Thanks,
Stan

PS: we're using RT 3.6.1 btw

---

Sorry, I have no idea how to reply to the corresponding message in the
list - without having the message as an e-mail.

Christian