[rt-users] Google Summer of Code

Matthew Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Mon Mar 5 04:25:17 EST 2007

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 12:40:35PM +1100, Matthew Sullivan wrote:
>
>> Jesse Vincent wrote:
>>
>>> I'd love to submit RT to Google's Summer of Code this summer.  It's
>>> probably time to start brainstorming projects.
>>>
>>> What would you like to do/see done as part of a RT summer of code
>>> project?
>>>
>> Worldwide replicated environment support (ie so that replication does
>> not break everytime a new ticket is logged in 2 locations and there is
>> lag).
>>

> You're actually doing multi-master replication and RT?
No. (That's the point ;-) )
>  Using what database?
Was using MySQL ...went horribly wrong, would look at it a lot more if I
had the time (its easy to resolve, just lots of work).
>  While I've got a trick up my sleeve that's headed in the
> direction, it's not something I'd push to production code any time in
> the near future.  It would need about a month of my time and audrey's
> time. And those are both...in scarce supply ;)

yup, know the feeling ;-)

Regards,

Mat

PS: Using PostgreSQL now ... lot better with large 100k+ ticket
numbers...  I had a tuned DB and it sucked bigtime when we hit 100k+
tickets.  PostgreSQL is a lot better, more reliable, and most
importantly consistent.