[rt-users] RT::Extension::BrandedQueues and filter sending address

Gianluca Cecchi gcecchi at peviani.it
Mon Mar 26 13:23:01 EDT 2007

I'm trying to use RT::Extension::BrandedQueues as I'm providing helpdesk
services for companies comp1 and comp2 in the same building.
I would like to mantain e-mails sent only to one address from both
companies and filter based on sender:

If sender is user1 at comp1.com   open ticket in general - comp1 queue
If sender is user2 at comp2.com open ticket in general - comp2 queue

Is the right thing to duplicate all queues such as

- hw - comp1
- hw - comp2
- sw - comp1
- sw - comp2
- phone - comp1
- phone - comp2

Ecc.

Assigning a tag of comp1 or comp2 respectively?
Or am I misunderstanding at all the intended target for this extension?

My main target would be to be able to track / separate / count the
tickets and all what associated with what opened by guys in comp1 and in
comp2.

I would like to further generalize splitting the different
departments..... Mainly for reports

Thanks to anyone who will have time and patience to send at least some
light to me or to suggest other extensions or inside features of rt
itself for my targets, if I'm not considering them ;-)

Gianluca