[rt-users] Errors initializing database in RT 3.6.1 [SOLVED]

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Thu Mar 29 13:28:18 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 13:22, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> In 3.6 as well as in 3.4 there is no way to init database step by
> step, but only with "rt-setup-database-3.6 --action init ..." as init
> action runs additional steps which setup core objects.
>
> On 3/28/07, Scott Courtney <scott at 4th.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Running "rt-setup-database-3.6 --action schema ......" works just fine, and
> > creates the schema with no errors.
> >
> > However, running "rt-setup-database-3.6 --action insert --datafile \
> > /etc/request-tracker3.6/initialdata" fails with multiple error messages,

Bingo! Thanks, Ruslan.

My problem was that I needed to *not* pre-create the empty database, but rather
to let rt-setup-database3.6 script do it for me. I had thought I needed to
pre-create the empty DB so that the RT user account would be able to access it,
but the script takes care of this just fine.

I must have done it the right way on my previous installations. Go figure.

In any case, this solved my problem, and I'm up and running. Thanks very much
for the quick response!

Scott