[rt-users] RT 4

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Tue May 1 15:48:02 EDT 2007

1.  Rights
1a.  Display Rights that are inherited with grayed-out boxes.  For
instance, if Global Everyone has SeeQueue, then have SeeQueue show with a
grayed-out box already present in Queue Everyone.  This will make it easy
to see effective rights and explicit rights at all levels.
1b.  Have negative Rights (Denies?).  For instance, it would be nice to
enable ModifyTicket for Global Requestors, but take it away for Requestors
in a specific queue.

2.  Templates
2a.  Within a template, have pulldown menus for selecting the To, Cc, and
Bcc recipients.  For instance, in my template I can choose to send to
requestors and user-defined, and cc admincc and user-defined.  User-defined
could be implemented similar to "my @ToAddresses = @{$self->ToAddresses}"
and "$self->ToAddresses->Add('me at myaddress.com')".

3.  Queues
3a.  Let me define queue-wide variables that I can access in any template
or scrip.  For instance, if my "UhOhBigProblems" address is
"bigprobs at mycompany.com" I'd like to be able to set it once in the Queue
and then access it as something like $self->Queue->QV{"UhOhBigProblems"} in
any of my scrips or templates.  Changing the address would then be as easy
as making a single change at the queue level rather than a bunch of changes
at the scrip and template level.  This would be a wonderful thing to have
when developing new systems (while testing, the ITSO address is my address,
for production I change it to a group address).

4.  Custom Fields
4a.  Allow me to have custom fields that are hidden in the ticket.  I would
use these for process flow-control or just to store info that no one really
needs to see displayed in a ticket.  Basically a way to implement a
ticket-specific queue-wide global variable (different for each ticket, but
accessible by all scrips and templates in this queue)..
4b.  Allow for custom fields to be defined at the queue level instead of
having to choose global custom fields to use in the queue.

5.  Scrip execution
5a.  Make it easy (or easier) to determine the order in which scrips are
executed, transactions are generated, templates are run.  For instance, I
have a scrip that does a $self->TicketObj->SetOwner and
$self->TicketObj->SetPriority.  I would like to know that the resulting
transactions will not be triggered until everything associated with this
scrip is complete.

Thanks for asking!

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC