[rt-users] ExtractCustomField Regexp Help Needed

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 1 10:09:35 EDT 2007

Hello Darren,

for historic reason ECFV uses "|" as delimiter in the template. If you use
"|" in your regexp what you do the template will not behave as you might
expect.

You can redefine the separator ECFV uses by inserting a line at the
beginning of your scanner template, e.g.

Separator=<#>

then you write

Customer Name<#>body<#>CSR Contact Name\s*([\w*|\s*])*<#><#>

though I think you mean

Customer Name<#>body<#>CSR Contact Name\s*([\w\s]*)<#><#>

which will match "Test Customer" into your custom field.

You will need ECVF Version 1.1b2 or later to change the separator. Actual
version is 1.2b3
<http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/pape/rt3/ExtractCustomFieldValues.tgz>

Regards,
Dirk.

--Am 31. Oktober 2007 21:47:33 -0400 schrieb Darren Ellis