[rt-users] Prevent changing of Custom Field

Benjamin Weser weser at osp-dd.de
Thu Nov 15 02:41:30 EST 2007

Hi Kenn,

I don't think that there's an easy solution without changing RT code to
prevent the change earlier. At least I haven't found anything about it
in the list or wiki. I have similar requirements here and solved it with
setting back the newValue to oldValue, e.g. if the user shouldn't have
the possibility to set a combo box back to "work in progress" once he
changed it to "work done". It's not the best solution (and I still try
to get rid of the RT message "changed to 'work in progress'" although
there were no visible changes for the user) but it works.

If there's a solution to catch changes before changing the CF (like
described by Kenn), I would be interested in it too.

Regards,
Ben