[rt-users] Reminder Field

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue Apr 15 03:30:02 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 02:54:48PM -0400, Candelario, Bill wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to use the Reminder's field, in RT 3.6, for sending out
> an email when that particular ticket is due?  I am currently using
> rt-remind and it will only send out bulk reminders and I would also
> have to schedule when they are to be sent out.  I was hoping to find
> something that would check the reminder's field and send out an email
> if there is a reminder pending.

FYI,  Reminders are not ticket fields, they are new tickets of 'Type' 'remind' created with a reference to
the main ticket (RefersTo), the things to do as subject, the due date ... as
due date and the targeted user as owner. So you can get them individually with
the standard RT API.

here is a "scrip" I made yesterday for sending a mail to the owner when
a reminder is created, maybe it can help you:

Scrip
=====

Condition
---------

User defined:

my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;

# OnCreate:
return(undef) unless $trans->Type eq "Create";

# Only reminders
return(undef) unless $trans->TicketObj->Type eq "reminder";

return(1);

Action
------

Send to owner as comment

Template:

Subject: New reminder: {$Ticket->Subject}

Greetings,

A new reminder for the ticket {$Ticket->RefersTo->First->TargetObj->Id} has been assigned to you.