[rt-users] RT changing Status to Open from Resolved when sending Reply or Comment

John BORIS jboris at adphila.org
Mon Apr 21 12:23:23 EDT 2008

I remember this being a discussion thread a while back but searching the
archives I couldn't find it. I found one thread from 2003 but it didn't
address a resolution.

I resolved a ticket and then noticed my auto reply to the requestor
didn't include my resolution information. So I went back into RT and
clicked reply to send a reply to the requester from RT. When I looked at
the History I saw the Ticket was now Open and I had to reset it to
Resolved. When I sent the reply there is a transaction that shows Ticket
Status changing from Resolved to Open.

Is there a fix for this? Or is this a correct way for this to work?

TIA

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia

"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"