[rt-users] Rights, rights, rights... Approval queue...

Jean-Sebastien Morisset jsmoriss at mvlan.net
Thu Feb 7 15:31:50 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 11:04:28AM -0800, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> Jean-Sebastien,
>

> 	I've heard of manywho have trouble getting rights to act
> 	consistently at the approvals level. That's why I created my own approvals
> method by just setting up a "regular" queue to collect the tickets
> initially and then granting the appropriate rights. When approved, the
> person approving can move the ticket to the correct queue OR a scrip could
> do it if there was a simple choice of where. This makes it simple AND the
> ticket number remains the same from approval to support and audit
> doesn't get confused.

Yeah, I seem to be dealing with a few 'peculiar' behaviors. For example,
if I add the Management group as AdminCc watchers for the Queue, the
batch Approval feature doesn't list any tickets. I've had to use this in
my approval creation template:

AdminCc: {
   my $groupname = 'Management';
   my $groups = RT::Groups->new( $RT::SystemUser );
   $groups->LimitToUserDefinedGroups();
   $groups->Limit(
         'FIELD'    => 'Name',
         'OPERATOR' => '=',
         'VALUE'    => $groupname );
   $groups->First->Id;
}

Getting the whole Approval thing working is a bit of a chore.

BTW, I found why the ___Approval queue was showing up on the Home page:
Privileged users had SeeQueue globally. I removed that right and added
it back per Queue instead, except for the ___Approval queue, of course.
:-)

Thanks everyone for your help! It'll be nice to get this working and get
people's noses out of their Inbox! :-)

js.
--
Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator <jsmoriss at mvlan.net>