[rt-users] Allowing unpriveledged users to see an entire queue.

Oliver Jeeves oliver.jeeves at geneity.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 04:29:26 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 10:58 -0800, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> Oliver,
>

> 	Are you using LDAP or any kind of external look up method? Have you
> considered modifying your RT-Config settings to allow self-service users
> to be added as "unprivileged" users? That way you could grant
> "CreateTicket" and "SeeQueue" rights to "Everyone". Keep the rights for
> seeing specific tickets, etc to privileged users. That way a
> self-service user will be able to verify where their ticket is but not
> get into it. If you want them to see it ("ShowTicket") and reply
> ("RepltToTicket"), then you grant those rights as well, but not to
> everybody. Hope this helps.
>
> Kenn
> LBNL

I understand how to use unpriveledged users.

The problem is, that unpriveledged users only get a list of tickets for
which they are a requestor of some sort, which is only usually tickets
that they created.

What I want, is for them to be able to see an entire queue. ie. tickets
created by other people, without requiring a priveledged user to
manually add them as a CC.