[rt-users] disable autoreply on one queue only?

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue Jan 22 03:03:07 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 09:40:51PM -0500, Elijah Wright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we need to do a bulk import of some emails into tickets, but we want to not
> flood the original requestors with "ticket generation autoreplies".
>
> I see that we can disable autoreply by removing the global scrip that does
> that;  however, we don't really want to remove it (and disable autoreplies
> for other queues...) just because we want to do this one bulk import.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this without taking our install offline
> temporarily, and without having to simply induce administrative downtime for
> the rest of the install?

Depending of your setup, you can flush your mailq on the RT server, then
block the smtp port using iptables, then import your mails, then remove
all outgoing messages from the smtp queue, then reopen the smtp port.

Or you can edit the autoreply scrips and change the condition to be user
defined and write a custom condition wich never match, then import, then
revert the condition.

You can also edit the RT configuration file to change $SendmailPath to
/bin/true, this will disable all outgoing emails from RT.

Remember that some of the previous solutions disable all the RT outgoing
emails, so if your users continues to use RT during the import, their
answer will never go out.

Last idea, add to all your emails to import, a custom header to identify
them, then change the condition in autoreply scrip to filter on this
header. This way will not disturb your users.