[rt-users] Block new ticket creation from Email

William Kelleher WKelleher at everestsoftwareinc.com
Fri Jun 6 15:13:16 EDT 2008

I want to be able to reply from RT to users trying to create tickets via
email and tell them they have to use the web interface to create tickets
and I don't want the ticket to be created. I do however want all of the
email functionality to work once a ticket is created since most of the
time we need to coax more information out of our users so we can
understand what they want. I currently have my entry in aliases going to
a nonexistent Queue  to make this functionality work but I have no way
to (or can't figure how) to make RT respond with instructions on using
the system.  I have tried to modify the code but can't follow exactly
how it flows from rt-mailgate to ticket creation. Any help on this would
be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

William Kelleher
Network Engineer