[rt-users] Modify Create Ticket display

Benjamin Weser weser at osp-dd.de
Tue Jun 24 03:35:40 EDT 2008

Hi Kenn,

I don't have the ultimate solution but I changed the behavior in that
way, that there will be one column of custom fields only instead of two.
This makes the look of RT much better. You just need to edit
/opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Elements/EditCustomFields (copy it into local
of course) and get rid of the code which divided the number of CFs into
two columns.

This is how my code now looks like above the <%INIT> section:

% while (my $CustomField = $CustomFields->Next()) {
      <b><%$CustomField->Name%></b><br />
      <!--<i><%$CustomField->FriendlyType%></i>-->
%  if (my $msg = $m->notes('InvalidField-' . $CustomField->Id)) {
        <em style="color: red"><% $msg %></em>
%  }
        Object => $TicketObj,
        CustomField => $CustomField,
        NamePrefix => $NamePrefix ,
        Default => $m->notes('Field-' . $CustomField->Id),
        &>
% }

Try this, it will make the sites more readable. Now it also makes more
sense to sort the CFs. Would be nice to add more widgets or get at least
a possibility to group a couple of CFs to reasonable categories but
unfortunately I don't have any time to hack this into RT.

Ben