[rt-users] RT 3.6.4 poor query performance

Richard Ellis Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 13 08:46:57 EDT 2008

Hi All,

We have recently updated our RT instance from 3.4.6 running on Solaris 9
to a new server running Solaris 10 and 3.6.4.

Everything works perfectly and we have removed all of the customisations
that we used to use for a virtually vanilla 3.6.4 install. However, when
opening the Query Builder page, performance slows to a massive extent.
Average page load is under 1 second, but performing any action in Query
Builder averages 400 seconds.

I thought it was the database so upgraded mysql from 5.0.34 to 5.0.51a,
but that made no difference. I then upgraded DBIx::SearchBuilder to the
latest version and DBD::mysql but it is still as bad. Even upgraded
every single perl module to latest and restarted everything, but still
as bad.

mysqlcheck rt3 says everything is ok.

There are only 10,000 tickets so it shouldn't be a volume problem.

Running on perl 5.8.8.

Anyone any ideas?

Richard