[rt-users] Refresh rate on RT at a glance page

Chris Fabri fabric at northwestern.edu
Tue Mar 25 09:24:44 EDT 2008

On 3/24/08 5:58 PM, Gene LeDuc wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there an easy (or not so easy) way to set the default refresh on the "RT
> at a glance" page from "Don't refresh this page" to some value like every
> 20 minutes?  Can it be added to the personal preferences configuration so
> that it's an individual choice?  This is v3.6.3.
>
> Thanks,
> Gene

I've tried several different solutions mentioned in the email archives,
only one of which worked on 3.6.3.

The working solution was to modify the first line of
/<RT_home>/share/html/index.html (or in a copy of index.html in the
local RT tree, which is what I did) and change the last portion to just
be a value in seconds:

<& /Elements/Header, Title=>loc("RT at a glance"), Refresh => '300' &>

The disadvantage with this solution is that it forces everybody to use
the same refresh, and it can't be turned off by an individual - it
overrides the choose-able refresh interval on a users page.  This wasn't
an issue for my group.    chris