[rt-users] CALLING EXTERNALAUTH TESTERS - v0.07_01 now available.

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Nov 7 13:04:51 EST 2008

John McCoy wrote:
> Mike thank you very much for working so hard on this issue.
> I am happy to report that the new version does now work for SelfService
> (for me)
>
> Just an FYI for others stuck authenticating against Novell eDir and
> using the lame non-password ldap_proxy accounts I had to make the
> changes you were thinking about (sorry for the lack of a proper diff file):
> /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm
>

> 455     # Authenticate to ldap server with user name and password if
> supplied
> 456     # If no password supplied to not pass a null or bind anonymously
> if noting was supplied
> 457     if (($ldap_user) and ($ldap_pass)) {
> 458         $msg = $ldap->bind($ldap_user, password => $ldap_pass);
> 459     } elsif (($ldap_user) and ( ! $ldap_pass)) {
> 460         $msg = $ldap->bind($ldap_user);
> 461     } else {
> 462         $msg = $ldap->bind;
> 463     }

I have committed this change to trunk. When 0.07 comes out as a ratified
version, this will be included.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com