[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth - LDAP over SSL (not TLS)

Alan Cheng chenga at ias.edu
Sun Oct 12 00:31:14 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I am currently using RT::Authen::ExternalAuth for LDAP authentication.
While LDAP/TLS/389 is working nicely, I can't quite figure out how to
configure ExternalAuth to do LDAP/SSL/636.  Our LDAP server is running
SUN Directory Server 6.3.

RT_SiteConfig.pm section:

# If this is set to true, then the relevant packages will
# be loaded to use SSL/TLS connections. At the moment,
# this just means "use Net::SSLeay;"
Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS,    1);

# Should we try to use TLS to encrypt connections?
'tls' => 1,

Is there an option to enable LDAP over SSL?  Any suggestions are very
appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan