[rt-users] Recording Replies in Tickets

Timothy Kolosky ausslander0999 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 10:14:31 EDT 2008

After extensive research, I have been unable to find any good answer to the following issue:

Our RT system will not track replies. Once a ticket is created, and we reply to it, if a user sends a reply back, RT simply marks the email as read, and basically ignores it. I tested it with a Yahoo! and Hotmail, and upon receipt of each of my replies, RT did not track the email in the ticket. It did send emails back to each account, from unknown sender, that said the reply was unable to be recorded. Hotmail marked the response as dangerous, and Yahoo said permission was denied.

What are we doing wrong that replies to tickets are not being recorded? RT acknowledges the fact that a ticket exists, since it does not create a new ticket, but does not record the email anywhere. It does not seem to pose an issue for anyone, as far as I have been able to find. I have not found anything in the Wiki, or even just on Google. Maybe I am using the wrong search terms, but I have exhausted the options I can think of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

~Tim