[rt-users] Quick Search in 3.8.1 doesn't include Resolved Status

Bill Davis daviswj at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 04:04:26 EDT 2008

I also wanted to be able to list all statuses in Simple Search results
in 3.8.1 .... so searched the wiki & the list archives for a possible
solution ... ultimately finding this callback (from whom or where I
honestly don't recall or I'd give appropriate credit):

Place the file ModifyQuery into (for me anyway)
/opt/rt3/local/html/Callbacks/stuff/Search/Simple.html/ containing:

<%init>
my $val = $$query;

if( $val !~ /new|open|resolved|stalled|rejected|deleted/i ) {
  $val = "new open stalled resolved HOLD TstBenchP1 TstBenchP2
Pending-BD $val";
}
$$query = $val;
</%init>

<%args>
$query => undef
</%args>

... note that the statuses "HOLD, TstBenchP1, TstBenchP2, & Pending-BD"
are locally added statuses and obviously wouldn't apply to anyone else's
RT installation.  You should remove these & add in any locally created
status you also wish to appear in Simple Search results.

For what it is worth ... and with due credit to the original author I
stole it from :o) ...
Bill Davis