[rt-users] Ticket History Display

Steve OBrien steve.obrien at hdesd.org
Thu Apr 16 19:37:55 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 14:42 -0700, Tom Lahti wrote:
> > 1.) Email submissions are double spaced.  This takes up a lot of room
> > when viewing the ticket history.
>
> They aren't in my RT.  Without knowing what's causing it in your
> installation, there's no way to know how to fix it.

It just seems to be html email (default from outlook) that gets double
spaced.

> > 2.) Top posting - can the most recent actions be on top so you don't
> > have to scroll all the way down to see the most recent action?
>
> Yes, that's in the Preferences in RT, per user.  It would seem there is a
> way to change the global default, it might be:
>
> set($OldestTransactionsFirst,1);
The site-wide setting it is in RT_SiteConfig.pm and when set to 0 it
does what they want -- thanks for the variable name!

> > 3.) Stripping out the signatures from emails.  Is it possible?
>
> Two options: hack rt-mailgate to strip them before inserting into the
> database, or make a local Display.html & History.html to display it without
> the signatures.  The latter is probably "safer" in that if your parsing is
> wrong, you still have the original data.

Hmmm, I will have to look at that.  Seems like it might be hard to
discern the sig from the rest of the email.

Thanks for info!

Steve