[rt-users] Manager permissions

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Fri Apr 17 13:20:01 EDT 2009

> One of our managers wants to get notified of all tickets and be able
> to view all tickets logged by her staff against other teams so that
> she can chase up the other teams when her staff are away.

Baby-sitting, aka micro-managing.  You gotta love people like that :)

It would be nice to be able to do a saved search for "Creator in <group>",
wouldn't it?

You could re-purpose a field a little bit that is searchable.  Say you set
the Organization field in the user records for her group to something
unique, like "<Company name>-<Dept>", then you can make a saved search on
"Requestor Organization is '<Company name>-<Dept>'" and put that on her
portal page.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117