[rt-users] how to migrate data from sqlite to mysql

Martin Kraus lists_mk at wujiman.net
Wed Aug 19 08:38:05 EDT 2009

Hi. I've installed rt3.6 on debian lenny, where sqlite is a default db
backend. Since then we've started using ticketing quite a lot and sqlite stopped
being fast enough.

I've been trying to migrate data from sqlite to mysql by dumping sql from
sqlite, changing it so that mysql can read it and importing it into mysql
database created by dbconfig on debian(which calls rt-setup-database). I
usually can read all the ticket data, but users are damaged and I can't create
tickets/modify tickets/give tickets to other users.

rt-dump-database doesn't dump all of the database data so it can't be used.

Is there some way to migrate that data from sqlite db to mysql? Is there such
a big difference in the table setup, that those two databases are
incompatible?

thanks
martin