[rt-users] iCal Start & Due times rt3.8.4

Michael Ellis Michael_Ellis at UManitoba.CA
Thu Aug 20 13:03:12 EDT 2009

I've searched for this in the list archives but never seen a fix except for
this ( http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/devel/76912#76912  ) which
looks like it should have been in RT since 3.8.1. I'm at 3.8.4.

When one subscribes to an ical feed from RT in gcal or outlook the start and
due times(DTSTART and DTEND) are seemingly not properly published. As such
gcal twigs on the create time for the start and use some default duration
for the end, while Outlook uses midnight instead.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm hoping that our A/V techs will be able to
look at a gcal and get notifications of new and upcoming bookings as SMSs
from google. I've installed RTx::Calendar so they can at least see the
tickets on a calendar display, but I really hope to integrate this with
gcal.

Here's a sample event:

BEGIN:VEVENT CREATED:20090730T151534Z DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20090730
DTSTAMP:20090820T164748Z DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20090730
LAST-MODIFIED:20090804T135203Z ORGANIZER:jdoe SUMMARY:Start: setup projector
and laptop URL:http://rt.someplace.ca/?q=60 END:VEVENT

Thanks in advance,

Mike