[rt-users] On saving changes to a ticket edit page displayed

Cassandra Phillips-Sears cassandra at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 21 13:29:18 EDT 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 9:39 AM 8/21/09, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> One reason is that certain scip actions can be based on the settings
> of particular fields. So you need to first set one field and then
> another to produce the correct action. One field we have is whether
> or not to send E-mail when a ticket is resolved. To have this work
> you first need to set that field and then resolve the ticket.
> Otherwise the mail is sent. That is one example but having to re-enter
> the basics screen over and over would be clumsy at best.

Yes: basically, it saves you a click.

A real-world example:
If you are in the comment screen on a ticket, say that the comment you
want to leave on that ticket normally gets bcc'ed via email to the 4
admin ccs's for that queue, whose emails are listed under scrips &
recipients--but in this instance for some reason you want to notify
only 1 admin cc with an email, so you click the checkboxes next to the
other 3 people so they won't receive an email.

Clicking those boxes only marks their names, though; it does not save
the fact that you marked their names. The "Save changes" button saves
what you did--the other 3 admin cc's names would be listed as people
who would not receive messages--and now you just scroll back up to the
textbox and write in your comment (instead of having to reload the
comment screen again from the main ticket page).

When you press "update" that comment will be sent and bcc'ed to that 1
admin cc only, since that's what you'd saved in the previous step.

Please note that the next time you tried to comment on that ticket,
your changes would still be in effect since they were saved, so you
would have to check the boxes next to the other admin cc's names and
press "save changes" again if you wanted to bcc to all 4 of them again.

--
Cassandra Phillips-Sears
Office Manager